Q: What is an SPV?
A: A SPV or Special Purpose Vehicle is a legal entity, usually a Limited Liability Company (LLC) of some type, created to fulfill narrow, specific or temporary objectives.  For example, a company may transfer assets to the SPV for management or use the SPV to finance a large project to achieve a narrow set of goals without putting the entire company at risk.  SPVs are also used as a single asset with associated permits and contract rights (such as an apartment building or a power plant) to allow for easier transfer of that asset. 


Q: What's an LLC?
A: A LLC or Limited Liability Company is the simplest way of structuring your business to protect your personal assets in case your business is sued.  A LLC can be owned by one or more people, who are known as LLC "members".  A LLC with one owner is known as a single-member LLC and a LLC with more than one owner is known as a multi-member LLC.  A single-member LLC is a business with only one owner that is not taxed separately from their business.  Like a sole proprietorship, a single member LLC is taxed as a disregarded entity by default.  Multi-member LLCs on the other hand are taxed as partnerships and do not file or pay taxes as the LLC. Instead, the profits and losses are the responsibility of each member.


Q: Can I register my business in Delaware or my home state?
A: Yes.  We will work with our registered agents to help you register your business in any state. 


Q: What is a registered agent?
A: A registered agent is an individual or entity which has been designated by your business to receive service of process notices, government correspondence and compliance related documents on behalf of your business.  While generally the term "agent" means someone who's authorized to represent an individual or an entity or enter into transactions for an individual or an entity, registered agents don't have a similar job.  Instead, they are to be an agent for service of process as well as receiving other important correspondence on behalf of your business.  Additionally, a registered agent must also forward such materials to the business in a timely manner and be located within the state you are registering your business in.  A registered agent must also have a physical address to which documents can be delivered.  This means a P.O. mailbox can't be used.


Q: I need to update the information on my state registration.  What should I do? 
A: Most states have state specific procedures that allow changes to your state registration.  We study all these preocedures so you won't have to.  Just fill out the request form on our "Contact Us" page or email us at


Q: What is Edgar?
A: EDGAR is the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system used by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).  It's the primary system for submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file information with the SEC.  EDGAR benefits investors, corporations and the U.S. economy overall by increasing the efficiency, transparency and fairness of the securities markets.  You can also use EDGAR to research millions of company and individual filings, entity information, information provided by mutual funds (including money market funds), exchange-traded funds (ETFs)and variable annuities.

Q: What is a Form D?
A: A Form D is a report of a company's private placement offering under Regulation D or Section 4(a)(5) of the Securities Act (an exemption which allows for the sale of a company's securities without registration).  The report is a required filing by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and must be filed within 15 days of the sale.  


Q: When do I file a Form D?
A: It must be filed with the SEC within 15 days of the first sale of a security in a private placement. 


Q: Can I change the info on my Form D?
A: Yes. If there is a material change on the Form D you can file an Amendment.  We can help you change the information on your Form D.  Just fill out the request form on our "Contact Us" page or by email us at and we'll handle the rest.


Q: What's are Reg D and Reg S filings?
A: Reg D filings is another way of saying Form D filings.  Reg S is the same as Reg D except it's for foreign businesses. 

Q: How do I register my trademark?
A: You can register your trademark by submitting a request to us using the form on our "Contact Us" page or by emailing us at  We will handle the steps needed to get your trademark and advise you of any issues that may arise.


Q: How long does it take to receive a trademark?
A: There's no standard length of time it takes to receive a trademark but generally it could take over 6 months.